Sunday, March 1, 2015

March Goals

~More Laughing, More Praising, More Face-to-Facing, More Contentment, More Serving, More Joy~


So I have to ask...what happened to February!?! Am I the only one who felt like the whole month flew by in a blink! I mean, I know it gets gypped a couple of days but seriously, I feel like a whole two weeks are missing at least! It seems like I didn't accomplish anything at all that I had hoped to check off my list. (Now this could be in part because the whole state of Idaho should be quarantined what with how many people have had the cold and/or flu the past two months...in our house we've had the flu once and colds like four times or more in the past eight weeks! Who's sick of being sick (and having sick kiddos)? This girl!

Anyway...January was like a major win in the goals department so I guess February's lack balanced it out, haha! In January I chalkboard painted my kitchen pantry door, read a couple of books, took the littles to the aquarium and went to breakfast with my husband alone. I also cut down on sugar intake (until I got sick) and that was a great experience--one I will absolutely try again (and hopefully go through a whole month next time!)

March is now here and I was talking with Hubs last night about what our goals are this month. There is something about setting goals that gives me butterflies (and, yes, I am aware that this may be a tad nerdy). I think the anticipation of completing things I have written down gives me extra fire to get r' done. Plus, let's be honest, the post-kids brain is not always the most faithful when it comes to remembering stuff. If I don't write things down there is a 75% chance my hopes and dreams will vanish like Cinderella's gown at midnight. So lists, notebooks, and my faithful i-phone all bring a sigh of relief (and twinge of joy) to yours truly.

March Goals
Project: To do something about our garage. ANYTHING really...it is an absolute disaster. Like, when we have the garage door up I am embarrassed because it is just chaos. Plus, the Hubs would really love to have a place to work on projects--a "man cave" of sorts--and somehow I don't think buckets of barbies and craft supplies and sewing gadgets really fit in well to that man-cave picture. So I need some major organization stamina to take that project on.

Reading: I am reading a handful of books right now and want to get at least two finished. I would like to finish reading 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp and Pursue the Intentional Life by Jean Fleming. Also, I will be starting Beth Moore's Bible study on James called "Mercy Triumphs. I really want to keep up on the weekly studies for this one!

Something Fun w/ the Kiddos:
I want to take the littles to Planet Kid Indoor Playground for a fun-filled afternoon sometime this month. I went with a friend to a great indoor playground on base this past month, and my daughter had a BLAST and has been asking to go again. Problem is, it's on base and I am not military so unless I go with a friend, it's a no-go for us. Planet Kid is a similar indoor play-place a bit of a drive from here, so I'm hoping that will be great fun to!

Something Fun w the Hubs:
 Fun fact about me. I am a Divergent FREAK. I stinkin love the movie...and the books. (Thank you, Veronica Roth, for being born. And writing.) I am a straight-up dystopian nerd. Well the sequel, Insurgent, comes out in theaters on March 19th. So the Hubs and I will totally be going (and, might I add, it will be the FIRST movie I have seen in theaters in over two years!) Bring on the giant bowl of popcorn...and the overpriced candy! It is going to be GREAT!

Mini-Goal of the Month: 
February was a rough month attitude-wise for me. I'm sure a lot of it was lack of sleep, but I battled ungratefulness, frustration, and straight-up meanness at times throughout the month. I want March to be a u-turn from all that. I am trying to verbalize things I am thankful for throughout each day, and I want to continue this practice in March. Soaking in the moment from a long hug with the Hubs, a snuggle with my babies, or simply a quiet second to sip on some coffee--I want to memorize these moments with a thankful heart.

Recipes to Try:
  1. Cauliflower Tater Tots...these look absolutely amazing! 
  2. Okay, this is a little strange but I have been intrigued by Good Girl Moonshine and have been wanting to try it for a while now. (It's not alcoholic, it is a Trim, Healthy Mama recipe.)
  3. This paleo Chipotle Chicken recipe that I have been meaning to try for two months and STILL haven't made! 
  4. I have also been wanting to try my hand at Cauliflower-Crust Pizza for ages...here we go March, bring it on!
  5. Lastly, these Granola Bars for snacking on...just hoping they aren't so good that I want to eat twelve in one sitting. That would defeat the purpose, I think. ;)

What are your goals this month???

More ~More Laughing, More Praising, More Face-to-Facing, More Contentment, More Serving, More Joy~ - See more at: http://messyfaceshappyfamilies.blogspot.com/2015/01/january-goals.html#sthash.c5N76ZGn.dpuf
~More Laughing, More Praising, More Face-to-Facing, More Contentment, More Serving, More Joy~ - See more at: http://messyfaceshappyfamilies.blogspot.com/2015/01/january-goals.html#sthash.c5N76ZGn.dpuf
~More Laughing, More Praising, More Face-to-Facing, More Contentment, More Serving, More Joy~ - See more at: http://messyfaceshappyfamilies.blogspot.com/2015/01/january-goals.html#sthash.c5N76ZGn.dpuf
~More Laughing, More Praising, More Face-to-Facing, More Contentment, More Serving, More Joy~ - See more at: http://messyfaceshappyfamilies.blogspot.com/2015/01/january-goals.html#sthash.c5N76ZGn.dpuf
~More Laughing, More Praising, More Face-to-Facing, More Contentment, More Serving, More Joy~ - See more at: http://messyfaceshappyfamilies.blogspot.com/2015/01/january-goals.html#sthash.c5N76ZGn.dpuf
~More Laughing, More Praising, More Face-to-Facing, More Contentment, More Serving, More Joy~ - See more at: http://messyfaceshappyfamilies.blogspot.com/2015/01/january-goals.html#sthash.c5N76ZGn.dpuf

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's going to be an amazing month!!! I totally feel like February flew by too. Someday I'll get my life back to normal... Maybe when Caleb's future youngest sibling is out of the house. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? Little ones totally change the "what's important" factor. Who knew that snuggling and reading the same book 700 times would trump so many previously important endeavors? ;)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!